Tuesday 24 April 2012

Recipes

My youngest sister Ellie is very interested in cooking after studying food technology at school. When I came home today I was greeted by the following sight. She had decided to make these for me to use in my blog.

To say thank you, I decided that we were going to have a chocolate night. After a long trip to Tesco's for our ingredients, we are ready to begin. I believe that I have inherited my love of chocolate from my Dad. Whenever he is given a number of options for a snack or desert, if there is something that contains chocolate, the other choices don't stand a chance.

One of my family's favorite desserts is Mum's 'Mississippi Mud Pie'. I've noticed that she doesn't make it that often anymore, which is probably due to the fights that break out in the Peacock household when someone (usually Dad) decides to devour most of it before anyone else has a chance. However, for the benefit of myself and this blog, I have made my own version of the mud pie. It's very easy to make, and tastes delicious!

For this recipe, you will need:
- A flan dish
- A mixing bowl
- A clear freezer bag
- A wooden spoon
- A tablespoon
- A packet of Milk Chocolate Digestive biscuits
- A litre tub of chocolate ice cream
- A bottle of chocolate sauce
- A punnet of raspberries
- Access to a fridge and a freezer

Begin by tipping the Digestive biscuits into the freezer bag and seal it tightly. Use the wooden spoon to break the biscuits up until they have separated into smaller crumbs. Tip the contents into the mixing bowl and add butter. Use your fingers to mix the two together, and then press it into the flan dish. Place in the fridge for fifteen minutes to set. Next, spoon the ice cream over the base until it is covered completely. Use the chocolate sauce to decorate any way that you desire,and then cover in clingfilm. Finally, place in the freezer until you are ready to serve, then add the raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment