Tuesday 17 April 2012

Welcome

Chocolate. A product which has developed since its discovery by the Olmec culture from as early as the Third Century BC. As a self confessed chocoholic, I decided to expand on my knowledge of an item that holds a special place in my heart, and share my newly acquired findings with you! As I began my research, little did I know just how chocolate has evolved as a food to become a widely significant ingredient in everyday living. From literature to medicine, art to fashion, chocolate is universally recognised as an indulgence that has many functions and requirements.
My aim is simple, to entertain you and educate you on the tantalisingly tasty subject of chocolate, teasing your taste buds from beginning to end. To also question what it is that is so appealing about the product, and why people adore it so much. Together we will dive into Roald Dahl’s imaginary chocolate factory, learn how to paint using chocolate, investigate its appearance and iconic symbolism on famous traditional celebrations such as Valentine’s Day, Easter and Christmas and much more. So... Sit back, relax, and take the opportunity to learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment